Huge congratulations to all our wonderful runners and walkers who took part in the Worcester City Run on Sunday 15th September in brilliant sunshine.
Our runners and walkers included:
- Shirley Sheridan, Trustee of the charity, with her guide Paul Weir.
- Dave Williams who is training for the New York marathon and achieved the amazing time of Ihr 50mins and 26 seconds in the Half Marathon with his guide Bex Jones. If you’d like a little more background about how a blind dad with no running experience started on this journey, read Dave’s article Black Pear Jogger Guide Runners Went the Extra Mile to Get Me Running.
- Lizzie Tovey, who has only been running for 16 months managed the Half Marathon course in spite of suffering from motion sickness.
- Lizzie was guided by Clare Weaver and accompanied by buddies from her running club.
- Val Daniel and her guide Deborah King.
- Alison Stanley, Chief Orthoptist for Worcestershire.
- Len Quartley, Chair of the Bromsgrove and Redditch Athletics Club.
- Laura Williams, Lucy Mackintosh and Emma Hughes from Thursfields Solicitors who also kindly sponsored the T-shirts and vests.
- Dennis Yeates and Mark Roughley from Artwork Creative and Leominster Osteopaths respectively, who were running on behalf of Malvern Hills BOB Club.
- Sarah Clarke from the Portobello Pub in St Johns, who are so supportive.
- Fiona Blake, star and Fundraising Manager at Sight Concern.
- Rachel Miles and Heidi Kirby
Click on the photo to the right to view some photos of a brilliant day!