Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Why not join our award-winning team at Sight Concern?
Sight Concern Worcestershire is a well-established charity offering support to over 2000 people affected by sight loss. Our team of Sight Loss Advisors play a vital role in supporting people to lead independent and fulfilling lives. Our staff and volunteers are at the heart of what we do; it’s through their skill and effort that we help people to adapt to sight loss and play an active role in society. We offer specialist training for all our roles.
We are recruiting a Sight Loss Advisor for the Worcester City area who can:
- Support people to make informed choices by providing information and advice
- Work with people on a one to one basis to obtain the appropriate support, services and equipment to enable them to lead an independent life
- Facilitate a monthly sight loss information and support group to enable people with sight loss to learn new skills and develop confidence.
A full, clean driving licence and use of a car is essential. If unable to drive due to a disability, we can support you to obtain an Access to Work grant to employ a driver.
This is a part-time role, 18 hours per week.
A comprehensive training program is provided.
What is it like to work with Sight Concern?
The people who work here are the best people to say what it’s like to be a part of Sight Concern. Here’s what staff members said about their work:
- “For me, the most rewarding thing is that we make a difference to people’s lives, whether it be with practical or emotional support. For example, we may be able to make suggestions about how to label food tins to make food preparation easier, or support people to access a computer class so that they can stay in contact with family overseas.”
- “Whether it’s people who use our services, or our volunteers or our staff, we help people reach new heights and achieve things they didn’t believe possible. That’s the best thing for me.”
Here’s what our clients said about our LocalEyes service:
- “This is the first time I’ve felt part of a community – that I belong”
- “Attending the Group has given me greater confidence and communication skills”
- “Thank you for all your help, I have really appreciated it”
- “There’s always someone to rely on to get information and this is what’s impressive”
If you have a positive attitude and a passion for enabling people to reach their full potential, we would love to hear from you. To download our recruitment pack which describes the role in more detail, please go to www.sightconcern.co.uk/job-vacancies/.
For an informal chat about the role, please call Katy Wakefield on 01905 723245. The closing date for applications is 8th July 2019 at 5pm.