We offer a wide range of volunteer roles to suit individual interests and skills. You’ll find some examples of roles below, or if you have different skills to offer, we’d love to talk you about how you can help in a new role.
Malvern Talking Newspaper
- Read out news articles to be recorded for distribution to people with sight loss
- Use your Smart Phone or Laptop to record from your own home
- Be part of a growing team with regular Zoom support sessions
People with sight loss give presentations to organisations and groups, talk about the impact Sight Concern has had on their lives and the lives of others, and raise awareness across the County
- Take our speaker representatives to events at venues around the county (this will usually require driving)
- Assist the speaker when finding their way around the venue and locating facilities and key people
- Help the speaker set up and take down any equipment required for the presentation
We welcome volunteers of all skills and abilities. You will be given relevant training for every role and will only be expected to undertake activities with which you feel comfortable. A current DBS certificate will be required for certain roles.
To talk about any of the roles listed above, please call us on 07507 830 546 to speak to Volunteer Coordinator, Jackie Murrall. You can also contact Jackie by email on firstname.lastname@example.org . We’d love you to join us!
Sight Concern Worcestershire
The Bradbury Centre, 2 Sansome Walk, Worcester, WR1 1LH
Registered Charity: 1136716 / Company number: 07258623
During Volunteers'' Week we have been delighted to be able to meet up outside with some of our volunteers who joined us during the pandemic. Until then we had only seen each other over Zoom so it felt pretty special and gave us the chance to say thank you in...
Volunteers’ Week takes place 1-7 June every year and it's a chance for us to celebrate and say thank you for the contribution our volunteers make. It goes without saying that volunteers have played a key role in our pandemic response so this year it is an even...