We offer a wide range of volunteer roles to suit individual interests and skills. You’ll find some examples of roles below, or if you have different skills to offer, we’d love to talk you about how you can help in a new role.
Community support volunteering opportunities
Support Group Volunteers
- Greet people and help them feel welcome, comfortable and safe
- Guide group members as appropriate
- Help with, and support, activities as appropriate
- Assist with making and serving refreshments, and clearing up afterwards, as appropriate
- Assist with taking group members on trips and outings
- Various committee roles (Malvern and Kidderminster only)
Malvern Talking Newspaper
- Attend recording sessions with your team every 6-8 weeks
- Read out news articles to be recorded for distribution to people with sight loss
- Assist with use of the recording equipment
- Help the Volunteering Team to identify key hubs in their local community where publicity material could be displayed e.g. in libraries, GP surgeries, shopping centres etc.
- Distribute leaflets and information in their local area and update them every few months with the support of the Volunteering Team
- Provide information about the charity, the services we offer and our volunteering opportunities at events, fairs and festivals
- Help to support our events through a wide variety of tasks e.g. welcoming and registering participants, marshalling, holding collection buckets, selling raffle tickets or merchandise, setting up and taking down displays etc.
People with sight loss give presentations to organisations and groups, talk about the impact Sight Concern has had on their lives and the lives of others, and raise awareness across the County
- Take our speaker representatives to events at venues around the county (this will usually require driving)
- Assist the speaker when finding their way around the venue and locating facilities and key people
- Help the speaker set up and take down any equipment required for the presentation
Administration Volunteers (at the Bradbury Centre in Worcester)
- Type letters and e-mails
- Photocopying, printing and shredding tasks
- Help to prepare mail-outs for distribution
- Occasionally our staff members need support with specific projects e.g. assisting with the preparation of fundraising events, making follow-up phone calls, sorting photos for display boards, updating our website pages and social media etc.
We welcome volunteers of all skills and abilities. You will be given relevant training for every role and will only be expected to undertake activities with which you feel comfortable. A current DBS certificate will be required for certain roles.
We’d love you to join us! To talk about any of the roles listed above, please call us on 01905 723245 and ask to speak to Cat Stokowska (our Volunteer Coordinator) or e-mail email@example.com.