Join the 2.6 Challenge to help Sight Concern Worcestershire and help save our UK Charities.
We are part of the nation-wide virtual challenge event to save the UK’s charities. It is taking place on and around the 26th April 2020.
We are inviting you, your friends and family to take part!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds for the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge launches on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th Virgin Money London Marathon.
It calls for the nation to invent their own challenges based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 – and donate or raise £26 (or more) for a charity of their choice.
We’re asking you to take part and raise funds for Sight Concern Worcestershire.
Here’s some ideas to help, if you’re not sure where to start:
- Wear a blindfold for 2.6 hours
- Walk 2.6 miles wearing a fancy-dress outfit
- Hold an online tea party with 26 friends
- Do 26 press ups
- Bake 26 cupcakes
The only requirement is that you follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
Most people will take part on Sunday 26th April – but you can do your challenge whenever is most convenient to you.
Once you have come up with your challenge idea, there are just four simple steps to take:
- Sign up by clicking the following link https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/events/twopointsix You can donate £26 (or as much as you can afford), or set up your fundraising page to raise £26 (or more!).
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you - and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge too! Don’t forget to use social media to promote your challenge and drum up support!
- Complete your challenge – make sure to take a photo or video as you go!
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on Twitter @sightconcern, or via #TwoPointSixChallenge or on Facebook https://en-gb.facebook.com/sightconcernworcestershire/.
Need help promoting your challenge?
Copy and paste this text to a Facebook post, Instagram post, or tweet, to promote your activity:
I’m taking on the #TwoPointSixChallenge on Sunday 26th April to help @SightConcern continue to support people blind and partially sighted people through this crisis and beyond
My 2.6 Challenge will be [insert challenge]. Please sponsor my challenge via my fundraising page here: [insert your fundraising page link].
For more information on the 2.6 Challenge, please visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk.
We do hope you’ll join in this important event to support us and other UK charities during this very difficult time. Like you, we yearn for a return to normal times – but until then, enjoy the 2.6 Challenge, in whatever form you fancy!
Best wishes, and sincere thanks from
The Sight Concern Worcestershire Team.
For more information call us on 01905 723245