We think you’ve made the right decision by choosing to volunteer for Sight Concern Worcestershire!
But why volunteer?
From a social perspective, volunteering appeals because its ‘all about people’, so you get to:
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Feel part of a team
- Widen your own social activities
From a work perspective, volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. In a new friendly environment, volunteering can be a way of:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Improving your employment prospects
- Using your professional skills and knowledge to benefit others who are in need
On top of this, many people volunteer for a variety of other reasons, like:
- Giving something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly
- A desire to make a difference to the lives of others
- Helping others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feeling valued
- Having quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
- Finding a role that matches your own needs and lifestyle
With the wide variety of volunteering opportunities available at Sight Concern, there is bound to be something for everyone.
So why volunteer for Sight Concern Worcestershire?
Josie, one of our volunteers says ”I love volunteering at Sight Concern, I look forward to going every week, they do an amazing job helping blind and partially sighted people learn how to do things differently and get their confidence back”.
Josie is one of a huge team of volunteers who:
- drive for us
- assist support workers in the community
- hold art and craft sessions
- provide refreshments and company on Centre social days
- help fundraise
- organize parties, events and more.
Individually and collectively our volunteers really brighten the lives of our countywide service users.
Demand on our service is increasing and we need more volunteers.
We are only asking people to give a few hours, one morning or afternoon week. Just a small donation of time can make a huge difference in helping us reach more people.
Volunteer for Sight Concern ……give a little and you’ll get an awful lot back!
Volunteering & Vacancies
Latest News & Events
- Wing Walking Spectacular
Posted on January 3rd, 2017
- Sight Concern Firewalk 2016
Posted on September 7th, 2016
- Sight Concern Worcestershire – Winners of Volunteer Team of the Year
Posted on June 29th, 2016